HERITAGE DAY AT CHURCHVILLE SCHOOLHOUSE & FISCHER FARM
Saturday, October 13, 2018
Time: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. FREE at Churchville Schoolhouse
Location: Churchville Schoolhouse, 3N784 Church Rd., Bensenville (just north of Grand Ave.)
DOWNLOAD the event flyer here.
- Learn to square dance with live music by the Muddy Creek Band
- Conrad Fischer School singers share songs from America's past
- Play old-fashioned games and make-a-thaumatrope craft
- Take a lesson with the 1900s schoolmarm inside the historic one-room Churchville Schoolhouse
- Learn about the historic Churchville Cemetery adjacent to the Schoolhouse
- See Elmhurst Fire Department's vintage fire truck
- Complimentary refreshments
- Fischer Farm Activities: Take a free hayride to/from Fischer Farm to experience WWI reenactors, Taylor's Battery, cannon firings on the hour, crafting demonstrations, and music by the Bourbon Aristocracy Bluegrass Band. A $6 wristband is required for select kids' activities (age 13 and under) including pony rides, petting zoo, and pumpkin painting. Food truck available to purchase picnic food items.
JOLLY OLD ST. NICK CONCERT
Friday, November 30, 2018
Time: 6:30-8 p.m. FREE
Location: Yorkfield Presbyterian Church, 1099 S. York St.
Ring in the holiday season with our annual celebration of Elmhurst’s German roots. Elmhurst’s authentic German choirs, Damenchor and Männerchor, perform German carols. Jolly Old St. Nick will join the festivities to explain his legend and take photos with guests. Hot cocoa and sweet treats will be provided. Children are encouraged to wear their pajamas! Donations for the giving tree to support Yorkfield Food Pantry will be gratefully accepted. No registration required, all ages welcome!